Greenheart Organics aims to provide you with quality fresh organic produce, free range, hormone free eggs & chicken, organic anti-biotic & hormone free meats, raw natural rBST free dairy, non GMO pantry, eco-friendly detergents, all natural beauty and sustainable products at the most competitive prices around.
We are a Green & Organic shop based in Pinetown, KZN and WE DELIVER directly to your door – at home or conveniently at your office! In a nutshell this means you get all of your favourite goodies at one place:
Your local & online Organic & Natural food store
We source, screen, collect and courier from our hand picked suppliers, navigate through less travelled farm roads, additive laden shopping aisles and even feed the odd grisly goat a carrot or two along the way!
With Greenheart Organics, going organic is NOT expensive – just take a look at our prices. We are, undoubtedly, the most competitive online store in Kzn!
In order to provide you with the healthiest and highest quality produce and products available we visit our suppliers regularly in order to get to know our farms. Should we find that a suppliers growing practices are not in line with organic growing principles we will remove the supplier from our list.
The commitment to go organic begins with heart, with a passion for a healthy lifestyle and with sustainable environmental practices. The end result is health, for the environment and for the consumer. In essence the organic farmer believes it is important to allow Mother Nature to provide us with food and nutrients the way nature intended.
At Greenheart Organics, we believe that education is key and that sustainable sustenance is the surest way to create a sustainable future.
We also believe in taking back our power of choice!
We are saying NO to pesticides, NO to GMO, NO to harmful chemicals and NO to unsustainable practices.
We are also saying NO to additives, NO to processed foods, and NO to carcinogenic foods & beverages.
There is a great deal that we do not know about the associated risks of pesticide & chemical use in both our agricultural fields, and in our homes. What we do know is that chemicals and pesticides are toxic. We need to learn more about the mounting studies which are finding evidence of health problems linked to pesticide exposure.
Did you know?:
- In May 2010, scientists from the University of Montreal and Harvard University released a study that found exposure to pesticide residues on fruit and vegetables could as much as double a child’s risk of attaining attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- In February 2009, the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry published a study that found that children who live in homes where pesticides are used are twice as likely to develop brain cancer versus those that live in homes where no pesticides are used.
- In July 2007 a study conducted by researchers at the Public Health Institute, The California Department of Health Services, and the UC Berkeley School of Public Health found a sixfold increase in risk factor for autism spectrum disorders (ASD) for children of women who were exposed to organochlorine pesticides.
- Studies by the National Cancer Institute found that American farmers, had startling incidences of leukemia, Hodgkins disease, non-Hodgkins lymphoma and many other forms of cancer.
- Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) or Environmental Illness, is a medical condition whereby the body is unable to tolerate even low exposure to chemicals.
We are given a sense of security with clever marketing, store specials and attractive packaging in the midst of busy supermarkets and shopping malls. However, there is also a great deal that we do not know about the everyday items we place in our shopping baskets.
Did you know that the following items are known cancer causing foods:
- Genetically Modified Food
- Processed meat
- Canned goods
- Hydrogenated oils
- Refined sugar & artificial sweeteners
- Salted, smoked, cured or pickled foods
- Carbonated beverages
- Refined carbohydrates
- Processed breakfast cereals
- Microwave popcorn
- Potatoe chips
We are all consumers and we all have the power of choice. The decision to say NO to what we don’t want and YES to living a healthier & greener life becomes a sustainable choice for ourselves, for our families and ultimately for the world we live in…
Its the small stuff that really matters when you consider ecosystems fuelled by frogs, bees and butterflies which are slowly diminishing due to large scale monoculture and pesticide use. Imagine a future without frogs, or bees…
Going back to our roots – the ancestral kind – we want to set a dignified example for our children who will tread in our footsteps and will plant the seeds of change for future generations – lets hope they will be heirloom seeds!
We would love to hear from you, so please tell us more about what you do and don’t want, if you would like to know more about a particular product or supplier, and what you want to see more of?
Please be aware that availability is seasonal and subject to environmental factors. We do our utmost to ensure you obtain all of the items on your list however if the organic / non GMO product is not available it will not be supplied and you will be credited for the item/s. We do not compromise on organic principles.
Send us a mail requesting our individual price list in order to receive our weekly updates or simply shop online!