Spring embodies new beginnings and a fresh start. It’s a great time to reboot in all areas of your life. So ditch the winter funk and get in gear for the warm, sunny days ahead:
Diet and Lifestyle Tips for Health and Vitality:
- Start your day with a tall glass of warm water and add freshly squeezed lemon or ready to use organic lemon sachets to cleanse your system and assist with digestion.
- Include fermented foods like kimchi which can transform your gut health, fight cancer and improve mental and skin health; kefir, a milk drink high in pro-biotics and calcium to protect and strengthen your bones, kefir water and kombucha tea which enhances immunity and vitality.
- Reduce sluggishness by decreasing your intake of red meat. Check out the Herbi-vohr range which boasts a vegan bacon which tastes just like the real thing or try a meat free burger with their famous boerie pattie. Ditch the stodgy bun and wrap your burger pattie in a lettuce leaf instead!
- A one day juice cleanse is a great way to give your digestion a well deserved rest and reboot your metabolism. Too busy to juice? The Alkalizer, Nutrilizer, Vitality and Immunity boosters are ready to drink, or opt for an Organic Juicing Box for added fresh convenience.
- Add collagen in your diet, either with a collagen supplement or by adding nutritious Bone Broth to your smoothies, soups, sauces, gravies and casseroles. Collagen promotes supple, wrinkle free, glowing skin, aids weight loss by keeping you feeling full and is excellent for alleviating joint pain and inflammation.
- Reduce consumption of flavoured drinks or store bought fruit juices. Hydrate with pure water. Water promotes weight loss, flushes out toxins, improves skin complexion and maintains regularity. Drinking water also increases energy and relieves fatigue. Since your brain is mostly water, drinking it helps you think, focus and concentrate better and be more alert. Add lemon juice and a pinch of Himalayan sea salt for a splash of flavour and added alkalinity.
- Choose foods like leafy greens, sweet potatoes and berries to help your kidneys function effectively in eliminating body waste. Try to avoid alcohol and processed food.
- Toxins in the liver cause autoimmune conditions, acne, fatigue, weight gain and IBS. Give your liver a boost with celery juice. Apples, beets, lemon and grapefruit are also great for liver support.
- Your gut health has a direct impact on your mental health. What you feed your gut you feed your brain. Try to eliminate inflammatory foods like meat, processed foods, excessive salt, dairy and refined sugar. For easier digestion eat slowly and mindfully – focus on the eating process instead of being distracted by your mobile or the TV.
- Try the following positive lifestyle changes:
- Make a choice to relax more; practise deep breathing.
- Ensure you get enough sleep.
- Spend time in the sunshine – Vitamin D is a great mood booster.
- Consider a lymphatic draining massage.
- Move your body every day. Even passive exercise such as walking or yoga has a beneficial effect on both the body and the mind.
- Practise positive self-talk with daily affirmations and start a daily gratitude journal by recording everything you’re grateful for.
Honour your Body:
Toxins accumulate over time and cause illness, fatigue and stress. By implementing the above tips you will help to naturally support your body, gently detox and facilitate an internal reset that will have you feeling recharged.
Spring is a time of renewal – there’s no better time to learn new habits, develop new thought patterns and invest in a healthier you.
P.s. Use this coupon code at checkout for 10% off your entire order: #spring *Valid until 30 September 2020 *Excludes marked down items